Friday, August 20, 2010

Introduction to Garcia Family Rundowns

In case you aren't as big of a fan of The Office as we are...in Season 5, Michael Scott leaves Dunder Mifflin to start the Michael Scott Paper Company and he is replaced by Charles Minor (an outside hire - gasp!). One day, Charles asks Jim for a client rundown. Being the dutiful employee he is, Jim says he'll get it done. In reality, he has no clue what a client rundown is and he is too scared that if he asks, Charles' already poor impression of him will worsen.

Hence, the title of our blog is a nod to our favorite show, The Office. Gabe and I plan to provide updates on our life here in Nashville, particularly related to our growing family. 

As you all know by now, I'm pregnant! I'm about 16-ish weeks along. Therefore, we are expecting the baby's birth to fall sometime between the last two weeks of January and the first two weeks of February 2011. The timing really couldn't be better. I graduate in December after which I will be studying for my certification exam. I will take this exam in late December or early January. After the baby is born, I plan to wait about 6 months before starting my first job as a certified nurse-midwife (CNM).

This past Tuesday we had our first prenatal visit at the West End Women's Health Center (http://www.vanderbiltnursemidwives.com/). We met with Elaine Moore, a CNM who works part-time at this clinic. The best part was hearing the baby's heartbeat! Our next appointment is scheduled for Sept. 22. We also have an ultrasound scheduled that morning to look at the baby's anatomy. At this point, the plan is to wait to find out the baby's gender.

We are so excited (and also frightened!) to become parents. Considering that we are so far from all our family and friends, we hope that this blog will keep us a bit more connected. I'll also post pictures as my belly grows (so far it looks exactly the same).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for putting this together you two. I look forward to hearing about all the changes you are going through.

    ReplyDelete