Friday, September 10, 2010

A Different Kind of Learning

I am so happy to be pregnant at the end of my midwifery schooling. Since starting my clinical experiences this semester I have a different perspective when speaking to patients. For example, I had a patient today who is 14-ish weeks and she asked me why she wasn't showing yet. I told her that I'm 19 weeks (and I'm barely showing) so she had something to compare herself too. I am excited to keep learning from the changes in my body and from my own labor and birth experience.

As for our little one...I'm absolutely positive that I felt the baby move today. For the past week or so I have been experiencing the sensations I described in an earlier post - pretty sure, but not 100% that it was the baby moving. Today when I was driving home from the clinic, I felt what was unmistakeably our babe. Now the next big milestone will be for Gabe to be able to feel the baby while touching my belly. I know he can't wait for that to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment